Strategic infrastructure investments have made communities throughout our region extremely well-connected. Robust transit services, a complete system of streets, sidewalks, bike lanes and trails, and high-speed internet access link our region together, supporting businesses, reducing transportation congestion and costs, and improving air quality and community health.
Key outcomes of the Connections Growth Scenario include:
- Job training is well-connected and carefully matched to employer needs.
- Freight moves through our region quickly and easily.
- Many goods are produced locally from regionally-sourced materials.
- Healthy community design and affordable healthcare support a healthy workforce.
- Rail and transit hubs serve as vibrant, mixed-use activity centers.
- Prime industrial sites are reserved, available, and well-connected.
- Lifecycle industries are thriving - connecting business by-products and inputs.
- People drive less, spend less on gas and vehicles, and air quality is improved.
- Streets, sidewalks, bike lanes, and transit connect neighborhoods and communities.
- Everyone benefits from ghigh speek internet access - businesses and residents.