The Piedmont Together project team has generated goals, objectives, and strategies for each of the project's five main focus areas of housing, jobs, transportation, health, and places & spaces.
View samples of our goals, objectives, and strategies for our focus areas below:
- Goal – Provide more housing choices.
- Objective – Stimulate more housing in 'location-efficient' areas.
- Strategy – Target federal and state funding to promote the development of mixed use/mixed income communities near existing employment centers.
- Goal – Provide more transportation choices.
- Objective – Establish and enhance a robust network of multi-modal transportation choices at the statewide, regional, county and municipal levels.
- Strategy – Encourage each community to develop a transportation network tailored to their needs that integrates with the regional network.
- Goal – Invest in and develop the human capital of the region.
- Objective – Promote excellent baseline education.
- Strategy – Seek K–12 enhancements that provide more real world connectivity and uses limited resources more widely.
- Goal – Value communities and neighborhoods by enhancing the unique characteristics of all communities: healthy, safe, walkable and bikeable — rural, urban, or suburban.
- Objective – Provide a safe infrastructure for walking and bicycling as an alternative means of transportation in Town and City centers.
- Strategy – Establish policies and programs that incentivize building design that supports active transportation.
Places & Spaces
- Goal – Enhance the economic and social vitality of our region's downtowns.
- Objective – Support private sector activities and investments.
- Strategy – Encourage local business shopping promotions.
The full set of recommendations and supporting research will be presented at the Framework for Prosperity summit on March 27, 2014 in downtown Greensboro. Register now to be one of the first to see the entire plan.